Saturday, June 1, 2013

Movie Name Quote

Alex (Danica McKellar) kicking some Tasmanian Devil ass

Recently I've been noticing that quite often in movies you'll see comments about names - usually when someone meets someone for the first time, or talking about someone they've never met, or about what someone has chosen to name their child. So I thought that when I notice one (or remember one!) I'll pop it in a blog entry.

Today's quote comes from a dodgy Syfy channel horror movie we're watching on this cold and rainy afternoon called 'Tasmanian Devils'.

To set the scene, park ranger Alex (played by Danica McKellar, best known as Winnie on 'The Wonder Years') and adrenalin junkie Jayne (played by Kenneth Mitchell), are spending the night up a tree to hide from the creatures stalking and killing their group of thrill seekers.

Jayne: My name is Jayne, like the girl's name
Alex: My name is Alex, like the boy's name

I still say that Jayne is a cool boys name. I wonder if the writer is a fan of Joss Whedon's 'Firefly'? Or maybe it's just starting to catch on....


1 comment:

  1. Vienna is a large and beautiful city of Australia. Here played an essential role as a leading European music center, from the great age of Viennese Classicism through.

    Vienna is a my dream’s city in the world.


    ReplyDelete